Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rabbi Hershel Rabbs Remer VIII

Luke Ford says:

Rabbi Hershel “Rabbs” Remer a comichas spent most of his life in Los Angeles. (R. Rabbs YouTube)

“I didn’t do real well when I was in classes. I’d be stuck listening to somebody speak for an hour. Everybody would be taking notes. I couldn’t pay attention. When someone talks to me, I start taking on their voice and start memorizing their things and at the end of the hour, everybody else is discussing the content and Rabbs has the person down pat and can do an impression of them. I’m convinced that at the end of the interview, I can do for you.

“You’re going to be blown away by the things I saw and I’m going to be walking around all night doing your voice.”

Luke: “Have you ever had psycho-therapy?”

Rabbi: “I’ve spent half of my life on the couch. I’ve been inside the offices of at least a dozen therapists, psychiatrists, counselors. I’ve been on meds. I’ve had group therapy. I’ve had the works. And you know what? It’s all a crock. None of it did jack for me. I have a psych degree. I was accepted at Pepperdine University for graduate school. I was going to get an MFC degree but I bailed.”

Luke: “Did you ever get to nail any of your mental health professionals?”

Rabbi: “What do you mean?”

Read On



No comments: