Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tainted Chinese Drywall III

Read on:

My February interview with Mike Foreman of constructionguru.com.

I talk to Mike Friday afternoon, June 18, 2010.

 

"My company has come up with a protocol where we're getting down to less than one part per billion. There's no such thing as zero in the real world of construction.

"In our system, we're able to treat the cabinets and to re-install them. We're able to treat the tile, stone, hard floor surfaces in place and solve the problem. We can treat pre-engineered, pre-finished wood floors in place so you don't have to rip them out."

"Judge Fallon is a great guy and he's done a lot of good things for the Chinese drywall class action lawsuits, but I don't see any money coming out of it so far to off-set the costs for the consumer. The Virginia Seven as we call them got a $2.6 billion judgment against the Chinese drywall manufacturer. They've yet to collect a dime. It's now in the appeal process. The consumer is still out on the limb because they have no money to fix the problem."

"The product I'm talking is Abisso Cleanse. I don't own the company. I don't have anything to do with the company except that we inspect them and they do a great job.

"They'll be the first to tell you that I am hard to deal with. I made them do a lot of things they don't normally do because I want my clients to have an excess of what the local agencies are calling for. The Consumer Product Safety commission has come up with interim guidelines. Interim means we're still working on it.



No comments: