Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Like Laughing Girls

Luke Ford writes: My favorite way to connect is through conversation.

When I meet a girl and we can talk for hours, that is the best sign that we are meant for each other. Table tennis comes and go but conversation remains.

I think that the more we have in common, the easier it is for us to converse.

I once dated a girl who did not speak English beyond a few words such as “condom.” I did not speak Spanish beyond a few words such as “por favor.”

I look back on our weeks together in 1994 with fond memories, but though we had good times, I do not believe they would have necessarily provided the firm foundation for lasting commitment.

All the girls I like talking to enjoy laughing. The easier and freer they laugh, the better. Laughing girls are less likely to say things like “I’m offended” or “stop” or “quit” or “don’t”.

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page. This week we study Parashat Pinchas (Numbers 25:10-30:1).



No comments: